Wednesday, 4 August 2010

Off with their Fringe

Its come back around again good people

The Edinburgh Fringe festival is upon me and the rest of the civilised world

Most of the Norwich Comedy Scene (TM) is either there or going to be. I leave for the hallowed North at an ungodly hour tomorrow morning and arrive shortly before my first gig. Thusly if the train is delayed because somebody jumps under it I shall kill them as the poor people of Edinburgh will be denied my pleasure for even longer.

The main show doesn't start until Saturday so I have plenty of time to pick up the flyers from a friends house and, if last year was anything to go by, have a string of awkward encounters with ex-girlfriends on the Royal Mile. I used to live up there so a great deal of the history of my youth was written in vomit stains and inappropriate sexual memories on the pavements of Edinburgh. Last year one reunion was so unexpected all I could think to say was "oh you've eaten since I last saw you"

Now I must pack and get ready to go. Like John Denver leaving on a jet plane I'm taking the train. And I shall be back in September because unlike John Denver I bought a return.

No comments:

Post a Comment